Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Senior Project Update

      So I haven't really done that much on my senior project, but I will try to describe what I have done to make it sound somewhat progressive.
      First, I changed my project slightly. I was going to relandscape both my front and back yards, but now I am only doing the front yard. I got it approved by Mr. Gilbert a while ago. This is not (entirely) out of laziness. We got chickens since the last time I wrote an update about my senior project. And they poop everywhere and eat everything. They live in the backyard, and their pooping and eating would ruin pretty landscaping possibilities. Also, my dad built this large clunky fence through the middle of the backyard to keep their feathers and poop in one section. And I don't like the fence and there is a bunch of other ugly and complicated stuff in the backyard, so it seems too ambitious. Doing just the front yard will allow me to be more focused and do a better job.
      I haven't done any physical landscaping work. But I have been to several senior project workshops, which were helpful, especially because Mrs. Guerard helped me find that there is a local Native Plant Society (I am doing my research paper on native plants). And actually I am meeting with my mentor tomorrow during my free fifth period. Also I watched a couple HGTV landscaping shows, which were somewhat inspiring, but also made me wish that I had a work crew that could do a yard in three days.
      Honestly, most of what I have done is push this to the back of mind and decide to focus on college essays instead. But I am excited to learn how to get started when I meet with my mentor tomorrow.
  

No comments:

Post a Comment