Friday, October 12, 2012

Research Paper Topic

1. Topic: Racism in Sports (and I can narrow it down to just soccer if I should)
2. Recently there has been a couple of high profile cases of professional soccer players racially abusing players on the field. The Football Association has been working on charging these players. Their still is a lot that cannot be stopped, however, because the managers, the faces of the soccer clubs, are always white men, and other examples.
3. One resource I know I will use is the book Soccernomics. They had a section on the history of racism in soccer. There is probably a lot of material out there and cases I have not heard of, and I will find them and use them as resources.
4. I can't believe that these professionals would do stuff like the cases I mentioned earlier. And what I read in Soccernomics interested me to learn more.
5. People have probably done racism in sports, but the recent cases made a new perspective into the fact that IT'S STILL THERE in sports.
6. Should I narrow it to just soccer, or should I find some of the best cases across sports?

No comments:

Post a Comment