Monday, October 1, 2012

I Want A Husband

       As I think about it, it would be nice to not have to work in my future. I want to be supported and be able to buy nice things, but not have to do the work for it. I would like to have a husband.
       I want a husband that has the perfect job. I want a husband that completely supports me financially. He might have to spend a few extra hours in the office, but I guess I can tolerate that. I want a husband with lots of money. I want him to work and have pride in bringing in all the money while I am able to do as I please. Maybe I can take up baking or sewing. I want him to make so much money that he can later retire and then we can sit pleasantly on the porch and drink tea.
       I want a husband that will do the dirty work, will clean the car and change the oil. I want to be able to remain on the porch without worries because my husband will be a handyman and will fix whatever brakes. I want a husband that will unclog the toilet and fix the fence. I want a husband who will protect me from everything and everyone that could hurt me. I want a husband who will go investigate when I hear frightening noises at night. I want a husband that will kill all the spiders. I want a husband that will hold me during scary movies.
       I want a husband who will buy me nice things. I want a husband that will send me to the mall or to the spa. I want a husband that shows off his money by the things he buys me. But I also want to show him off, for if I have a husband I have succeeded as a woman. I want my husband to shower me in diamonds and affection. I want a husband so that I will not become a single old cat lady.
        I want a husband that is the perfect gentlemen. I want a husband that still pulls out my chair and opens doors for me; I don't want the physical exertion of these meaningless tasks. I want a husband that buys me flowers and chocolate. I want a husband that takes me out to fancy dinners and shares his dessert. I want a husband that takes me to far away countries for beautiful vacations. I want a husband that will leave me basking on the beach while he goes on hikes and to museums. I want a husband who will suprise me with romantic gestures and remember our anniversary. I want a husband whose purpose in life is to make me happy.
       My God, who wouldn't want a husband?
        

4 comments:

  1. I loved your line on the old cat lady it was excellent. I also liked your discussion of being a genteleman it is a great quality and made good writing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sarah-I love the classic image of a husband you have created. I loved the "investigating scary noises" "unclogging toilets" The whole piece was very sweet and reminded me a lot of my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  3. To true. I would love a husband who allowed me to sit in the lap of luxery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Like Matt I also apprecaited your line about the cat lady. I also really liked "I want a husband whose purpose in life is to make me happy." You did a really good job with using humor and staying true to the style of "I Want a Wife."

    ReplyDelete